Fractional ownership of an aircraft consists of multiple owners having partial ownership of the aircraft’s title and contracting the operation of the aircraft with a fractional program provider. Usually, fractional share sizes purchased by owners are in variations of 1/16 or 6.25% increments. Operationally, each share is managed by way of an owner having available access to an assigned number of flight hours or days of utilization per year.
AMS has found that fractional aircraft ownership can be a solution for a client with specific needs and to meet objectives that are not as well served with using private aircraft charter, Jet Cards or with the purchasing a whole aircraft. AMS has been advising clients on fractional aircraft programs since they were first introduced in 1986. With thousands of transactions having since occurred, AMS’ has accumulated a comprehensive level of knowledge of fractional programs and of their providers. More importantly, is understanding how fractional ownership has more recently evolved, which allows AMS to provide clients valuable decision making guidance to effectively manage and benefit from accessing fractional owned aircraft on a worldwide basis.
AMS is utilized by clients for:
- Overview of the fractional program the client is enrolled in or considering
- Providing an AMS Transportation Analysis to match the best type fractional aircraft program with the client
- Review and negotiating of the contract and contract terms
- Guidance with the process of a fractional share acquisition
- Facilitating aircraft valuations (Acquisition & Re-Purchase)
- Financing & Leasing of existing owned shares
- Guidance in fractional share re-purchase processes
Contact us for more information regarding how AMS can help you with your Private Aircraft decisions.
Download the Free Private Aircraft eBook.